I dug a grave yesterday. If you have to ask why, then you don’t know me very well. This has always been a dream of mine and I got the chance to dig in finally! I didn’t dig a full six feet, but I think I got about half way to the standard depth. Since I have accomplished this amazing feat, I thought I would share with you some tips and facts I picked up, you know, in case you’d like to dig your own grave.
- Pick an area that is not composed of rock
- Wear proper hand protection (see photo below)
- Bug spray is great
- Depth is all about perception (so is size, guys)
- It’s not as easy as they make it look in the movies, but it’s also not as hard (that’s what she said)
- You can drink too much water
- The amount of dirt in the ground looks far greater when stacked above your head
- When your heart begins to race, it’s a good idea to take a break
- No one looks as good as Dean Winchester while digging
- Filling it back up is actually harder
I hope these tips help you in your grave digging adventures and that if you find yourself six feet under, you aren’t in the supine position.